Monday, February 28, 2011

Let’s Stick Together, Yeah Yeah Yeah

I’m going to go out on a limb and speculate that most authors who stumble across this blog aren’t exactly making Stephen King or Anne Rice figures month to month. While it’s true that the publishing industry you can make a good amount of cash-ola, writers are hardly rolling in hundreds and using twenty dollar bills to light up their fireplaces. Regardless of the publishers you’re with or the backlist you’ve accumulated, we’re all in the same boat. I know if someone comes to me for advice (be it regarding a pub or editorial questions), I’m always eager to lend a hand.

No writer should be above helping other writers. We were all newbies once, right? I consider myself a newbie still, and still find myself contacting other writers, asking questions, seeking advice, and considering that advice before making my next step. We all want to succeed, and since authors make the best readers, we likewise wish to surround ourselves in good company.

0 comments:

Post a Comment