Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Time To Read

First, I need to apologize for the length of this blog entry. Due to family obligations, things have been rather chaotic, which brings me to my advice to all the aspiring authors out there.  Writing, while important, is only surpassed by reading. I've always believed that the best way an author can grow is by learning what else is out there.  Reach out, explore material outside your comfort zone. Consider it a new form of research.  For example: I'm not a chick lit fan.  However, I do make room on my schedule to read at least one or two books in the genre per year. 

Today I have two appointments (and tomorrow I have three), and I plan to use the time I have as I sit in the waiting rooms to finish up a few books I've had sitting around.  One is for review, the others are some YA's I've been anxious to get to.  My hope is that I can become inspired to return to writing my own things, as well as enjoy the journey fellow authors have created.

So that's my advice for the day.  When you're too busy to write, find the time to read.  It's a win-win.  I'll be back next week with a better, more informative, blog.  Have a happy hump day!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhT2buzFlk0dZmJ7ZkcW4mFD2dUlGfhwz-SW97dxS15d9zwdSdjO4JmSEH_NQMfqsTTWFoNxzjI2_7ALgjueqdQ0E3z84h-wjgMjVTjVjQmE8ERUYZHs1u6APyb7Jch12kDaGnLC7jUXmM/s1600/JaimeMuse2.jpg

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope your life settles down a bit for you soon. :)

I do think reading adds so much more to our writing, but I do find that sometimes I use reading a book to procrastinate on my writing. Inspiration is good, procrastation is so bad! :)

Post a Comment