Wednesday, November 3, 2010

NaNoWriMo -- National Novel Writing Month

It's something few authors partake in because they know the task is daunting.  Create a 50,000 word novel in the course of a month.  Some are able to meet this goal and send their stories off (and achieve publication), while others come close or cave in early on.  It's a lot to ask for, that's for sure.  However, it is something that brings authors together from across the world, united in their desire to create a story that shines even as they push themselves to meet a word count goal each day.

This year, I'm using NaNo to finish up a story that is long past due.  I've set a goal per day that allows me to have the weekends off (of course, I can always write during the weekends if I'm inclined, but this gives me some wiggle room with my family).  2.5k words per day, Monday through Friday.  Will I make it? I sure as hell hope so.  My story is all but thought out, it just has to be brought to paper.

Which brings me to my question:  Are you participating in NaNo this year?  Have you participated before?

For those of you who haven't heard of NaNoWriMo, you can learn more by clicking HERE.  I wish you all good luck, speedy writing, and fantastic stories.

0 comments:

Post a Comment