Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Smokin' fingers!


I know I missed my day last week - at least I
think it was last week. This month is a blur for
me so far.
I had to attend to some details in life that we
always would prefer not to have to handle.
But such is the real world outside of writing.

Of course after that I fell into NaNoWriMo
(National Novel Writing Month) and my fingers
have been smokin' since then.  
November is the one month of the year many
writers around the world try to forget proper
formatting and constant self editing and see
if they can make that goal of 50,000 words in
30 days.  I'm roughly half way there - which 
reminds me I need to update my word counter.

Does anything ever come out of this?  Besides the
nifty 'finished' certificate at the end, yes many 
actual novels are the result of challenging yourself
to meet this goal.
My own 2008 NaNo novel was published in
September - as are many others.  There's a list
under media kits on the NaNo site.
www.nanowrimo.org

Sometimes it's just wonderful to forget all the 
details and HAVE FUN writing.

Has anyone else accepted the NaNo challenge
this year????

See you at the finish line!

0 comments:

Post a Comment