Monday, December 26, 2011

Prepping the Resolutions




I'm one of those people who loves Christmas in the weeks preceding, but is ready to pack up the decorations and shove them into the nearest closet once the festivities are over. And now in the remaining week of 2011, it's time to set your 2012 goals.

You have a week. One. Most people aim at losing weight, paying down debt, quitting smoking, getting more exercise. While all fantastic goals -- and while one such target sits on my "to do" list -- I found it very beneficial last year to set a writing goal for myself. Something to aspire to in the months spanning December 2010 to the present. And it just happened to be one of those resolutions I fulfilled, and damn if that's not a good feeling.

So I hope everyone had a lovely holiday, but it's December 26, and time to at least think about where you want to be next year, when it's a week from 2013. What do you want to have accomplished? And how exactly can you get there?

2 comments:

LoriStrongin said...

I'm totally in favor of setting realistic resolutions, because who needs the extra stress and angst of living up to impossible expectations. For me, my goal is to finish two novels this year while beginning work on a third, and hopefully cranking out a couple short stories. Plus, I want to continue learning my craft and growing as a writer.

Best of luck to all you ladies in reaching your resolutions, and best wishes for a healthy and happy 2012!


Smiles!
Lori

Rosalie Stanton said...

I love that resolution, Lori. Probably because it mirrors my own. (Great minds! LOL)

Hope you had a wonderful and safe new year!

Post a Comment